Please join us for a Global Counsel digital event which will consider how AI is redefining the world of work. The pandemic has accelerated change across the economy, and there is no better example than in the workplace where the challenges (and opportunities) of remote working have been front of all of our minds.
New technologies are being developed at a rapid pace to help employers understand the efficiency of their employees, giving them a better analytical picture of where resource should be deployed and guide staffing decisions in a way that would have been unheard of a generation ago.
This session will bring together a tier-one list of speakers to consider:
- How are global businesses deploying AI to change how they manage their workforces? What are some of the risks and opportunities in using AI to make decisions on recruitment, performance, promotion and even remuneration?
- How can policymakers keep up with the rate of change that the workplace is undergoing and ensure that they are preparing the labour market for the impact of AI?
- Opportunities to workers, in retraining or upskilling, are largely dependent on commitments from their employers. How can businesses that deploy AI spend or invest the resulting productivity premium? Will they need a nudge?
Our panellists will be:
- Roger Taylor, Chair, Centre for Data Ethics and Innovation
- Carlos Gutierrez, Executive Chairman, Empath and former US Secretary of Commerce
- Diane Gherson, Former Chief Human Resources Officer, IBM
The discussion will be facilitated by Peter Mandelson, Chairman, Global Counsel.
We will include an option to post questions on an attributed or anonymous basis through the instant messaging function of the call or, if you are dialling in, you can email questions to email@example.com